Nov 13, 2012

Thank You All! ^_^

First of all I'd like to thank everybody for making my last post such a success! I've never had such an audience before! So far my most read post was "Study in Pink: The Sherlock Mistake", so I'm sitting here blushing. Thank you really. ^_^ For a relatively hidden, secluded little blog, this is quite something. The Franklin Covey inserts I've offered up are also gone, in one day! Can you believe that? And no, don't come and say "oh that's because they were for free", because they are rather specific, and yet the blackness from which you all lovely readers come, yielded someone who could find a use to them... within a day. I know people, I've read blogs where people offer swapping or giving away all sorts of beautiful, more flexible things - pens, notebooks, make up, books, scarves, etc. - and they don't go away that fast.

So, what for today? Not much. My filofax is finally in the counter - spent the whole day of yesterday "on way to the counter", which being that it arrived to our international airport, and the counter where my stuff is sent is max. an hour away by car in bad traffic, a whole day was a bit too much. I did tweet to the company and offered them my eternal gratitude for the rest of the day if they delievered it to me yesterday, but I guess they are only after my money. And that they have no shame on taking! I mean, my filofax, with the shipping and handling within the States was $108. (I've got the $27 Personal Sketch, and all the rest are extra accessories, in case you wonder.) The cost of this company for shipping, handling and doing the customs PLUS the customs' amount is $63. Yes, that's 59% surplus. I mean, sure I know it costs money to ship stuff from the States to here, but 59%? It's a FILOFAX! Not livestock, plutonium or a home appliance! Not like I would order livestock online, mind you, but you know what I mean. No, I wouldn't order heavy metals either. I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Oh, sorry for talking about money, I know it's not nice, but I wanted to give you a clear view of what has me so upset with this company. I'll most likely chance to another company soon.

You know, that was a nice thing about living in Hungary: I had Amazon.com to mail directly to me. I didn't buy my filofax from Amazon.com, but from filofaxusa.com directly, so most likely I would have ordered mine from filofax UK - which would have probably put stars in the eyes of a certain Whoian I know ^_^ -, but still, it was the company and the postal service and not feeling like you are being ripped. It does have some advantages to living here though, like Amazon.com not telling me that "sorry, this product can't be delievered to your given address", and not being able to use my Prime membership. But be it as it may, I have my filofax!

I plan to continue making posts on the filofax matter, but also to impart to the world a few tips and tricks I've up my sleeve regarding "organizing" and how to make your life easier, while keeping a comfortable level of casual messiness. Nothing Martha Steward-like, but rather something that gives you the chance to fall off it and bounce back easily and making the whole process fun. I'll still have to think about that.

I'd also like to make a post about blogs about organization and filofaxes, for all those who would like to dive a little bit more into it. However I want to research some more on it, and also add a few youtube channels you can watch - which are really fun! - about the subject.

For all those who are not into it, fret not, there's still plenty of bitching in me for many, many more posts! It's not that I like to complain, but Goodness, life is full to the brim with people that get to my nerves, so you'll have plenty to read about that. :-) Oh, and I'll probably post again about Skyfall when I'm closer to my 10th time watching it and there's hardly any spoiling to me made!

No comments: