Jan 15, 2009

20 goes 21

Well, I was supposed to write this post sometime around the 11th, but given all the trouble with the planes, the lost connection flight, the night I spent in Caracas at the expense of Air France, which was less than entertaining, the worry eating me alive of not being able to call Kari and tell him I'm not in Costa Rica yet, but I'm fine and he shouldn't worry... and then all that cold searing my side from where my mate was missing. Oh yes, I know, so sweet and dramatic, but that's exactly how it feels. Sex is sex, but Love is Maddening. It's the matter dreams are made of.

Anyway, stepping a little aside the groundbreaking experience of life, let's go back to the basics of me. We are talking "Swatch" here. Yes, I've reached the 20th Swatch, the magical number on January 11th, at CDG, Paris, F Terminal. It's my... well, I think my 4th Skin Swatch, and my first metal Swatch. Well, look at it! It's simply so beautiful I forgot about my "all but metal policy" and took it. It feels so right...

At the same time, when I finally held in my hand my 20th Swatch, I had actually 21 Swatches. There was one, a beautiful, thin, black and white Swatch with Sakura Branch design on the straps, I bought the 8th because that day I forgot to strap on my watch... any of the seven I had with me in Budapest. So yeah, it was an emergency, because I was supposed to go to Gitta's concert at... 20:15, I believe, and if I had no watch on, how could I be there on time? However, it wasn't my 20th, because in Vienna I made the determination of buying my 20th in Paris... so that was my 21st... bought ahead.

Oddly, even with the watch strapped to my wrist, I... I mean, WE missed the concert. Can only beg Gitta is not mad at me, even though she has been behaving rather strangely ever since.

In any case, this is a historical moment, for I arrived to a milestone in my Swatch Collector existence: my 20th Swatch watch. Still gara pick a new number...

No comments: