Feb 19, 2009

It's All About The Name

Wonder what the hell is this? This is the e-card my boyfriend sent me for my "name-day", something Hungarians celebrate. Yes, today is my name-day, and this is one of the many perks of being Hungarian. He asked me whether I was going to throw a party. Well, first of all, I don't even throw parties for my birthday, less for a name-day. I'm not much of the "party-type" as I am of the "celebration" type. So, since in here nobody celebrates it, I was thinking about doing one of my ultimate favorite things in the Universe: celebrate it with the one I love the most: me.

So I was thinking that I could surprise myself with a little something, mostlikely on the line of books or something to write, since I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff, or something lovely and green. Then, for today, I was thinking in either taking myself to the movies or rent a movie. If I decide to go to the movies, I'll treat myself with a nice dinner at some place I like, like Ichiban, or Antojitos (in which case a tequila would be mandatory for the celebration), but if I decide to rent a movie, I'll go "spa" and treat myself like a queen, put on some face mask, do the whole shebang, get a couple of Smirnoff Ice Black and celebrate like the rich and famous.

Truth is... I'm flying up and high, still, envelopped by Anais Nin and her world. I'm feeling also a few stabs of deception, and that's making me colder, less caring... however, oddly, this time I don't care that much for my heart going cold. My mind, my mastermind, has prepared a suitable route fro this and all the little contracts, traps and conditions to detach myself from unpleasantries. I believe I can't change after so many years, and truth is, why should I? So far it has worked like I charm and I am not discarding it for the likes of others.

I am Anais Nin.

No comments: