Mar 25, 2012

Daylight Saving Time


Ah, Europe! I'm definitivelly outside the Tropic of Cancer. Today is the begining of Daylight Saving Time. This is something that doesn't exist in Costa Rica, but in here it's part of every year. Summer time, winter time... the difference between the lenght of day and night vary so sensibly that these measures make sense. Experiencing it is so exciting! The days through the year are really so different here! If you follow Pagan Practices, or are generally atuned to nature, or love the idea of the cycles of the year, this is the best place to experience them.

Due to this - in a way - I woke up late to go out on my regular jogging/walking rutine, specially because today I went to Church. There must have been something in the air because I was feeling very happy and very energetic. This is how - coming back from Church - I decided what would I do for lunch, and went to the nearby store to buy the supplies I didn't have in my pantry. Lunch was quite a success, even if the stove wasn't working as it should.

After lunch my boyfriend and I went to the Margit Island... walking. Basically I did my rutine, only I did it with him, in the afternoon, and walking around the center of the island.  These are some of the pictures I took.

Statue of Boy in Lake

People Enjoying the Spring

Deer kept at the Mini Zoo

Peacocks from the mini Zoo

Boyfriend and I at the Margit Island

This is Spring in Europe, and it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it, and hope I can partake in many, many, many more to come. ^_^

2 comments:

Storm Bunny said...

:-) Hola Amiga! Allá, para una persona que se levanta por ahí de las 6 todos los días, la diferencia es poca, y si acaso notará que anochece tipo 5:30 pm o tipo 6:30 pm, pero no más. Acá la diferencia es sustancial. Pasamos de amanecer a las 8 am y anochecer a las 4 pm, a amanecer a las 3:30 am y anochecer a las 10 pm.

Sartassa said...

First of all, sorry for not commenting (or simply reading) for a while. I was sort of ... lazy? however, I think my motivation grows as the temperatures rise and I hope to catch up a little.
I was really confused lately as our clocks changed over night at March 15th. Apparently there is something like daylight saving time in the US too but I didn't know it and in addition I wouldn've expected it to be this early. It really messed with my plans since we scheduled lunch at IHOP and I got up at 10 (which was actually 11) and thought I'd have some breakfast... bad idea. However
I love your sunglasses btw