Mar 10, 2012

Enjoying the Day

I'm stuck over and over on the topics of positive thinking and positive attitude. So in order to keep you from getting bored and to keep this blog from becoming something akin to the chicken soups for the soul. However, really, positive attitude makes the difference in life. Trying and being happy for the little things are what make or break the deal of a wonderful life and wonderful days.

Today was a day full of pretty things. I decided to go searching for a bead shop I looked up on the internet. It was the first time since I'm here, that I didn't grab my coat to go out, but put on a jacket. It wasn't so cold, and though I'm still quite layered, the day was beautiful and there weren't ice needles piercing through my clothes and urging me to find refuge in a heated place.

I found the store and it was a true treasure shop! Tiny but well stocked, and above all, with a marvelous collection of real glass beads. I've got there minutes before closing, and since the atendant told me he was about to close, so I could come in only if I went "with purpose", I bought my first tool: a round nosed tweezer (I think that's what they are called, I mean the tweezers that have two round thongs with which you press and form the wire). To my delight there were also cutting tweezers and half round twezers as well, but things could only be bought in cash and I was short of it. However how that I know where the store is, how to get there, I can go there anytime - provided I've cash - and can marvel to my delight in the many beads and supplies that tiny, treasure chest encloses.

Then, for the first time since I've been here, I went to the Westend Mall, which is close to the Western Train Station. I went around first looking yet again for a box to hold my beading supplies - namely my tweezers and  later on other tweezers and wires, while probably I'll need to get a special container for the beads - and from there I went here and there getting other stuff. It was a nice experience, topped with lunch at Leroy Sushi, where I discovered that I can order gyozas in Hungary too! (I still have to find out where can I get onigiris. Once I've onigiris my Japanese Food Happiness will be complete.) The sushi roll was disappointing, not only because the waiter went missing and let my sushi simmer and get old on the counter - I could see it from where I was sitting - for an eternity, and then, though the chef noticed I was looking and he remade the rolls to get me fresh ones, they were quite bad due to the quality of the avocado that was in it. The avocado tasted too much like plant and was hard, which means it wasn't ripe.

During the time I had at lunch, I took out my journal from my bag and wrote. The moments of solitude and introspection were delicious, as they always are, and allowed me time and space to explore my thoughts, my wishes, my desires, my expectations.

I was close to the Margit Island, and for a moment I thought about going there and meet my boyfriend there, but he came to meet me at the mall, and from there we went home. Perhaps tomorrow after Mass we'll take a small trip there.

I had plans for today, tasks I wanted completed, but didn't got to them, instead took time to arrange things, order some of the paper mess my boyfriend does, and through that I found a gift card he got - I believe from his brother - to use at a sports store. Since I've been looking for a pair of snickers for myself, so I can go jogging to the Margit Island, I thought that that could be a good store to check out. I mentioned it to my boyfriend and so we got there. The selection wasn't as big as I would have expected it to be. Initially I picked out a pair of unknown snickers - probably Chinese - and was going to got those, but at my boyfriend's insistence, I tried another aisle, which gathered basically safety toe boots and mountain tracking boots. In there was a small segment of shoes on sale since they were taking them out of the inventory. In there was a pair of Reebook snickers that made me fall in love. Black - and I actually dreamed about black snickers, though I believe that would be because I had black snickers in Costa Rica - and with air bags and funny soles. Well, you can see them in the picture! I wasn't sure about the size 7 (okay, I was wearing two socks, BUT I usually wear my snickers with thick sport socks!), but the 8 was puuuuuurrrfect! Just putting them was an experience out of this world. Man, like that must be what it should feel like being a god or a goddess living above the clouds! It was so soft and comfortable! With those you can jog or run (though my boyfriend says the shoes are for jogging only, not for running, but we shall see about that. I'm not running yet, so jogging will make it ok so far) for as long as your muscles can take it, and not only until your feet aren't killing you, asi it often happens with some shoes. My boyfriend was also lucky and found himself a pair for track shoes he can also wear to bike, which he loves to do. (In case you wonder, my boyfriend got to finally spend his gift card in the shoes he picked. He originally planned on spending the card on my shoes, since he told me he rather has it used instead of wasted by letting it expire, as it seems it has happened to him before. I refused but he insisted, so I was happy when he finally found something for himself, and so the card wouldn't be spent on my shoes. It would have been awkward to have his gift spent on me.)

The days are warming up slowly so maybe soon I can  wear my snickers and run a lap or two around the island... or less at the begining :D. So far I'm absolutely tempted to go tomorrow to Mass with my snickers... but I think I'll refrain from doing so. Our days are truly as happy as we decide to make them, and just like we like it when we are surprised by our loved ones with small details and tokens of their appreciation, out of the blue, with a pretty day, or a singing bird, a blooming flower, a random smile, we could also appreciate the small details God has with us.

No comments: