Mar 24, 2012

Sleepy and Tired After a Day of Chores and Early Waking Up

Truth is, I've got plenty of topics to talk about. I saw a movie - Margin Call - and it made me think of the financial decisions we make, and as result the decisions we make and how they reflect on the rest of the world. I have issues with the Postal Service and how they charge you more for a certified letter or package, but the tracking their offer is only within the limits of the country, and very limited. I could talk about how I'm jogging every day, running a bit more, and yet I'm getting heavier - could it be because my apetite is bigger and I can't resist a calorie rich meal? ^_^ - And I could talk about a lot of things, but right now I won't. Sorry, I'm tired and I'm sleepy.

I note all these ideas in little post-its in my agenda, keeping them for those days when I'm sitting before my keyboard and have nothing to say, and nothing comes to mind. Today, however, it's the opposite.

I woke up rather early and all by myself, and went out to jog/walk in my now usual track. I jogged a part of it, as I'm still not fit enough to jog the whole circuit - which I intend to accomplish within a year, so I can participate in the next Vivicitá run - and was gone between my music - this time a collection of Pagan Music, for that usually connects me better with nature, and the beat also suits my rhythm - and the view. At the mini Zoo of the island, today the peacocks felt particularly vain and all of them decided to spread their tails, which naturally made me stop in my tracks and take a picture of them. ^_^

My boyfriend's Mom was celebrating her birthday today, but since it was rather late, I decided not to send him on his way on an empty stomach, and made him a calorie rich lunch: pasta with cottage cheese, lots of sour cream and fried bacon. It was DE-LI-CIOUS!

After that, the cleaning lady came, and so while she cleaned, I occupied myself with arranging things around the flat and taking care of smaller tasks. Not that I don't trust her capabilities to clean, but you know, when you are picky and you like to personally take care or certain things. :-)

By the end, I walked to the "near by" Auchan - which isn't close at all! - and buy a few things we needed. Sugar, Special K, an electric extension and things of the sort. My boyfriend was out of the family event rather sooner than expected, so he met me up at Auchan, where we tied up the buying with a couple of magazines - when we were supposed to get only the week's TV Guide. Yeah, like that's EVER going to happen! At home I made dinner while he fixed the new extension in the kitchet, making quite a nice work, if I may say so. :-) The kitchen looks now more presentable, and the boiler, as well as our new blender are displayed properly on our counter.

The oven is clean as well, so I can make bread and bake all sorts of nice pastry, and prepare oven-requiring food. However this time around I did something simple: omelets with some onion served on toasted bread with smoked cheese on top. It's not a meal for someone on a diet, but it's freaking delicious, and that's what matters. :-D

In the end, I'm tired, and all I want to do is sleep, so that's what I'm going to do right now. Good night.

1 comment:

Sartassa said...

first of all: gaining weight when exercising is the most normal thing to happen - fat is heavier than muscles, that's a fact. (Not that there was ever a whole lot of fat about you or something) I haven't got a scale here, but I feel my body growing stronger ever since I started to do something about it. Probably I have gained weight too, but who cares? Isn't the important thing how you feel about yourself and not how your scale feels? (if it was capable of doing such a thing as feeling)
I don't know what I should think about peacocks - they're beautiful but I am still afraid of them though I am usually not afraid of birds in general... :D Hope they didn't attack you but I guess it's more dangerous to jog around goose habitat.
I looove Special K :D (had to say that)
Seems like you're really into cooking nowadays, we need to share some recipes :D