Jul 28, 2012

Keeping Tabs on My Books

One of the tasks I set for myself in my List of 13 is to make a list of all my books in here. It would be easy, of course, to simply take the books and write them down on a piece of paper - title and author - but I prefer a bit more of detail. Not much but a bit more, including noting the original title of the book and the language in which I have it.The reason for this is simple: since I buy books while I still have books without being read, and I also have books both in Costa Rica as well as in Hungary, I'm prone to buy the same book twice. By keeping tabs on my books, I'll try to avoid this, but also if I happen to get it twice, I can give away to a friend.

My collection of books is a little bit big, or at least it has grown since February. I've books in different topics, from classics to modern literature, from crime to philosophy, from economics to books on different religions. I think I even have a couple of books on Christianity, particularly Lutheranism, but I'm not sure if they are here or in Costa Rica.

I started making a list of my books in Costa Rica, but somehow stopped after the 50th. :-( This time I intend to have them all listed before I go back to Costa Rica, so as I keep adding books to my collection - mostly thought online buying ^_^ - I'll be able to add them to my list, but also make sure I'm not ordering something I already have. The task isn't small, but it has to be done.

I guess eventually I'll have to complete my list of Costa Rica, and then think about my Kindle list.

Oh man... I've plenty of work to do!

1 comment:

Sartassa said...

I did hat too a few years ago but I never kept going... then again I don't have such a plausible reason for a list of my books. Have you considered goodreads?
Btw Philipp will get our tickets today and I'll take care of the Hotel booking