Jul 18, 2012

Why Doesn't... Oh Hell! Mercury Retrograde

Today I had a wonderful day. I put on my dressy shorts, my favorite white blouse and went out to complete the last remaining tasks of my second List of 13. I was to this antique bookstore I wanted to go for quite a while (I had gone to the original one in Cracow, so I wanted to see what this one looks like - they don't have bagels), and also checked out the antique bookstore of the bookstore chain I buy pretty much all of my books from in Hungary. It was a fabulous trip, though this last one was less than what I expected - honestly, I wanted to see used books, old books, and not the same books they are offering in the regular bookstores of the chain, with the original price. And, note to the chain owners: finding several copies of the same book isn't something you expect to see in an antique bookstore, where all pieces are supposed to be unique. The first one - aside from the unforgivable lack of bagels, which are offered in Cracow - the place was more rundown, with less books and up front with an intense emphasis in Jewish literature. Of course, that's understandable, since the bookstore is located in the Jewish district, but it could have been nice to fill a shelve unit with regular books for the "gentile customers". Still, it was an enjoyable trip, and I've got myself two books and a ginger tea.

From there I went to the Mammut Mall, to get myself a copy of the PestiEst, so I know what movies will be scheduled from tomorrow and up to the next Wednesday. Bad week again. Could it be that nothing good will hit the movies up until August 9th? Then I directed my steps to the Starbucks located next to the Mall (not in it, because that's not as nice as the one outside), where I had a delicious Vanilla Latte Frappuccino with extra coffee, extra whipped cream and extra caramel, all sided with an exquisit and much deserved bagel with cheese cream. ^_^ Ah! I LOVE BAGELS! Armed thus with the most fabulous afternoon stuff, I sat down at one of the large tables, whipped out my trusty smartpen, and started writing today's blog post. (See the picture.) Since I have this fabulous software that turns my handwriting into typed text, I was able to write all I wanted, knowing that once at home, I'll only have to hook up my pen to my laptop, sync them, select the pages, convert, check out for possible mistakes and misspellings, copy, paste and publish. Blogging through handwriting... such a wonderful, EPIC, poetic thing! And I have done it before. ^_^

After I finished my post, as I was waiting for my lovely boyfriend, I went on pulling out the next item from my bag - my Book of Ideas - and worked on it a little (I gara think this book over. It's getting really long... in the fist part, and I have middle parts to add to it!), the when I has over with that (over but not finished!) I continued with a letter - known in the underworld as "the black letter". And things went beautifully. I loved every minute in there, even when a trio sat down close to me to talk over a big budget wedding they where planning along with a professional camera man, and to be held in Miskolc, a city I definitively don't like.

Boyfriend came, we've bought two lox bagel sandwiches, got home, I hooked my smartpen, sync it... and the text converter didn't work. Say, what?? Yes, it didn't work. But how, why, how come...? Then it downed to me...

Fucking Mercury Retrograde.

I'll see if I can have that post converted or I'll type it down - which I really didn't want to -, probably adjust it, rework it, remaster it - I don't know, because it was written in a day-tagged fashion - and publish it... maybe after Mercury Retrograde? Maybe before, but hopefully while it's still an actual and workable topic.

All in all, with the Retrograde and all, it has been a wonderful day and I have spent a marvelous time! Thanks to going out, thanks to making a couple of good decisions, thanks to beating down laziness, and thanks to that great idea called "List of 13". The next one will be different. :-) I plan not to include any weekly activity, all new things! Sure, I'll keep some of my weekly activities "off the record", but this time my intention isn't to keep me entertained and growing, but to break with the rutine, concentrate on the "unique", and find 13 absolutely magical things to do. How's your 13 going on?

No comments: