Jun 28, 2010

Beware What You Wish For

In a few days I'll have my Birthday. Yeah, one of my favorite days of the yeah... probably My Favorite Day of the whole year. It's the Day of Me. Birthday, of course means presents and booze, and sometimes someone comes up with some cake or something of the sort, which is really not all that important to me, as I place the weight of the celebration on what really, really, really matters: booze. No Booze, No Birthday. This is one of the perks of being finally over 18, and so I'm living it to the fullest for as long as I have a liver or any other ways, original part, transplanted or artificial to drain my body. What can I say? I'm a lass with her priorities in place. ^_^

I'm usually not the kind of person who asks for gifts or tells people what she wants to get. Nah, that's not me. It has been known to happen - like this year when I asked my folks for a car, but then again, it was now or never - but I usually prefer people to come up with something by themselves, if they feel like they want to give me something. Totally love these surprises, specially because these gifts tell you a lot of what the person who gives it to you thinks about you.

Okay, there's one thing I must admit I ask for, and give specific directions: fanfics. Yep, those I order. Snockhart, NC-17, Wincest NC-17 Third Season Fandom, and so on. But other than that I like to be surprised.

However it has been said that I'm a person quite difficult to please in the gift-sense since I have an expensive taste and, add to it, I always buy myself everything I want, so what could you possibly give me that I haven't already bought for myself? So I have made lists of ideas about what's a good gift idea, and so on. The 3B's are always a good way to go: Books-Booze-Boxes. I love books, I love booze and I have a thing for boxes I can't explain. Oh, BTW, I have no coffins, in case someone would like to come up with something cool and unique. Doesn't have to be a coffin-coffin, since those are expensive and I wouldn't have a place to put it, but coffin shaped boxes could be cool.

So, aside from my folks, who seem to have an exceedingly hard time picking up a gift for me, my dear boyfriend is another clueless litle sheep who needs the help of the sheppard to get on the good road regarding gifts. Then again he's a hopeless case that couldn't pick a gift for himself if he had to. Now, to be honest, his first gift was great: a Montblanc fountain pen. Then, his Christmas gift was less than perfect, so for this year we decided that help was needed. And so I picked a blouse. A traditional blouse. I had already asked my folks (before I went for the car) for a Matyó blouse, but I asked one from him anyway. Since he pointed out that I was going to get one from my folks, I decided to put into the formula an extra profit. You see, I want him to improve his German. To do so he must practice, to practice he must talk with others in German. To do so he must go where people speaks German. For that he could go to Vienna. Since it would take a natural disaster for him to go there, I decided to "nudge" him in the right direction: I asked for a traditional Austrian blouse. He agreed.

Wee!! I was happy! He didn't complain and he would go there and practice German. Thing is that I wanted to know what have I asked for, since I was actually imagining some pretty white blouse with pretty embroidery, kinda like what Kate Beckinsale wears in "Van Helsing"... minus the crippling corset and the coat. You know, some nice, hippie-like flax blouse in some soft color, with monochromatic cross stitched embroidery of undefined forms and so on. Perhaps with fluffly sleeves or lovely short sleeves or something. Either way, the important thing was that I've got away with what I wanted and I would have him speak German, since obviously I wasn't going to be there with him, so he couldn't rely on me doing all the talking... as he usually does, which doesn't please me at all.

However I really, really had no idea excatly what would I get, so I went to the trusty Internet and sought out what the hell had I asked for. Well, sadly, I did found a picture of what I asked for, and it wasn't what I wanted.

Yeah, no wonder he wasn't complaining. Once I found out I called him and told him to forget it. I'm not wearing a low clivage Oktoberfest blouse! Not only because I feel really uncomfortable with low clivage clothes, but also because I have nothing to fill that clivage with! So, since my folks are off the Matyó blouse due to the car, my boyfriend is on the Matyó blouse. Interestingly he did issued a complaint about the gift changing, claiming "it isn't that bad or that low the clivage".

Men.

No comments: