Jun 8, 2010

Pictures of My History

If you follow Dragonfly's blog (and you should, even if you can't read Spanish, trust me, th pictures are simply amazing!), you would know about the Friday's "Pictures with History" section, where she shows scanned pictures of her and her family from the past century. You know, from the good ol' days, from the days of real American Cars, wholesome families, morals, values, the flag, the Home, the day the music died and all that. Well, it happens that there are some pictures of my Mom and my Dad that are simply so beautiful I was overcome with this intense egotistical feeling to share them only to make people envious ^_^. And so, after so much thinking, and pondering, yesterday I grabbed one of the photo albums and brought it here, where I scanned some of the pictures to share with you all.

You see, for me my Mom is just beautiful, even now, but the pictures of her young are downright breathtaking. So I'll leave you now with the pictures.

This is a picture of Mom, my aunt and their best friend at Balatonalmádi. You look at this picture and you immediatelly think: "Wow! Hotties!" And they were! Hungarian women are definitively gorgeous. ^_^ Good I'm one too!

That's not my Mom, that's my Aunt, and the thin refugee looking dude is my Dad. My brother is just as bony too. Now Dad put on some weight, but that was him, eating normally.

Regarding my Aunt, I have had always the feeling that she has some princess like quality about her features. Mom is more like the fair maiden in the romance verses of the Middle Age, like Ximena from the Mio Cid, but my Aunt is like the beautiful princess from the Grimm fairy tales.

This is my favorite picture of my Mom. Dad took this at the Margit Island. Isn't she simply marvelous? Oh, and that's all her real hair, in case you think she was using a wig. Nope, that's all my beautiful, beautiful Mom. *filled to the brim with pride*

This is my Mom as a bride...

and these are my folks at their wedding picture. For me they both look just dreamlike! (Yes, that hottie in black is the same refugee drift you saw in the picture with my Princess Aunt.) I do have good looking parents!

Then now come the pictures where Yours Truly appears for the first time. No, no early Baby Playboy pictures! (Kari asked me the same thing, but I won't be showing those, specially because I was constantly throwing temper tantrums .... yeah, still do.) So here I come.

Mom and I at the hospital, the day I was born... or around those days (June 30th, 1976. Ahhh, wasn't that the best day of the world?). Yep, I was born with a huge, thick mane of hair that never fell off. Brother and I have always had this "Lion King" look.

Ah, family! Lemme see: those are from left to right my Maternal grandmother's dad, my Maternal Grandmother (from whom I've got my name) my Maternal grandmother's mom, my Mom, me (the thingie wrapped in white) my Paternal grandmother, my Dad and my Paternal grandfather.This was the only time my Costa Rican grandfolks went to Hungary.

This is my Mom's Mom and I. She was an amazing person and a great doctor. She had an extraordinary sense of humor and was always very passionate. Dad says I have her laugher and some of our facial expressions are very alike.

And this is my Mom and I. My Mom loves me a lot! ^_^ Funny how my Mom looks so loving, and so beautiful and I have this "what the hell are you looking at? Do I look like charity to you? Beat it, dude!" look, or maybe a "yeah, yeah, I love you too, but you know what would make me love you more? A glass of coke" look. Hahahaha!

I've a great family. :-)

3 comments:

Storm Bunny said...

Muchas Gracias! ^_^ Y comparto con vos, que las fotos en blanco y negro tienen como una magia especial.

Y bueno, muchas gracias por la idea!

Jonapamplona said...

Oh my God,those pics are amazing! I like the last one the most, your mum looks so filled with love...it is very touching! You have a beautiful family indeed!

Storm Bunny said...

Why thank you dearest!!! ^_^ You are so kind!