Jun 17, 2010

The Day of the Moving

Yep, we are moving. Moving to the dreaded Telecommunications Tower, affectionately called by our several Unions as "The Babel Tower". Nope, no Brad Pitt... actually the only pits there are the stairwell pits. Yep, pits. The orders and directions of the moving keep steadily changing, as the Director's Assistant keeps changing our cubicles almost on whim (I have been assigned to six different cubicles in less than 24 hours). We were also ordered to go to the new buidling and stay dare and do nothing until the end of the day. Our boss, Chuck bless his soul, told us to ignore that order and leave home at noon, so we do something productive... somewhere. I totally love my boss. Really, I do. I mean, I have the coolest, most awesome boss of the entire company. He is the Flying Cookie. :-) If you have ever doubted that I am BLESSED and that, yeah, God personally takes care of me and loves me like crazy, think again in the light of these proves. :-)

So, back to the moving, we were all alotted two boxes to pack up our junk. Naturally I needed more. How many more? I needed five boxes. Where will I pack all that? Fret it not, I am one of those few people in the planet that seem to be able to break physical laws and put two bodies in the same space at the same time.... or something like that. Yeah, not when packing, but I have "The Gift". So yesterday I boxed the whole office, and Today just picked up the remaining files and posters from the wall. I had to pack the phone, which explains why am I unreachable. Thanks Chuck I have a laptop to work with, or right now I would be running in circles singing Credence Clearwater Revival's Cotton Fields song. Two days in a row so far and I keep singing it.


Don't you like it? I love it.

Since I'm downgrading from an office to a cubicle (again) gara think of a way to decorate, new posters to get and paste up, since my posters are too big. An idea that came to me was to custom make them, only I'm not sure what I'm planning would be "acceptable". I mean, how would you take a poster in a cubicle that says:




See what I mean? Which would you pick? (I'm sure no one would pick the Salomon Seal, also known  as the Devil's Trap.)

No comments: