Jun 2, 2010

To My Good Friend

Yes, it is June, and like it has been the last years, I'm wearing all black all month. Yesterday I was out of myself due to the news (did I mark that entry with the tag "news"? I should), so I didn't dedicate a moment to think or remark about my yearly ritual, but my dear, good friend Dragonfly didn't forget about it, and left me a sweet little comment reminding me, really, that one thing that someone in my current situation (however self imposed it is) needs the most: a silent, friendly reassurance that she's there if I ever feel like I need her. It nearly made me cry. Such sweet concern, such tender care and such gentle understanding.

I thought about writing about my day and stuff like that - basically job and such, and the usual "dude, I'm surrounded by morons" stuff I usually throw into the cyberspace day in and day out - but this touched my heart. It seems my ritual still finds "audience" for which it is a novelty, whom still take to themselves the "right" to ask and insist when my dodging replies do not get through the message: "It is private, stay out of it, please!" It kind of hurts my heart to think that I will certainly be exposed to these prying, insensitive questions all over in Hungary, though I do count with the common European culture that pulls people more into reserved attitudes.

In this month, this particular month I'm made more aware of the people that love me deepest, those that are genuinely concerned about me. A word, a touch, a smile, everybody has a different way to communicate, and somehow all my dear, dear friends have their very own, very sweet way to tell me that they are there, whenever I need it. They made me cry, but cry of happiness, because I'm so blessed to have them in my life. I wish I could hug them all really hard and really long and kiss them soundly and tell them how much I love them too.

I love you all, guys!


2 comments:

Storm Bunny said...

Tu también eres un 100!! Eres lo máximo y te quiero mucho!

Sprizouse said...

Hola StormBunny voy a estar en Costa Rica (San José) en unas pocas semanas. Sé que no tu han no tenido buena suerte con amigos por correspondencia, pero deberíamos reunirnos y bebemos cervezas...