Jun 28, 2010

New Book

Today I started reading Asa Larsson's "Solstorm" (Sunstorm) novel. In Spanish, you mind, as I couldn't wait for the bookstore to get it on English at least. Naturally my chances at reading it in Swedish are zero since I don't know any Swedish save for a very few words that wouldn't get me anywhere in the world. (Two posts in a day! Wow! Well, hold your horses Sunshine, today's topics were not to be mixed, in order to keep sense in them. That's why. Don't go wetting yourself on me.)

The book is about murder, which is something that's bound to pick my curiosity. From the first pages I start deeply disliking the way in which the things are described. Too stiff, too prepared, too... unnatural. Sure, still gara see how this goes on, but so far it has had some writing (or perhaps translating) mistakes that makes the reading a bit distasteful.

Well, I'll keep you posted. Oh yes, and about the "Dorian Grey" book, I'm calm now, so I should be able to start the critique of that one too.

No comments: