Jun 2, 2012

The Complimentary List is Done

Writing today doesn't come all that easy. I had several ideas to write about, but none of them rouded up. Some did round up but I thought about them better... for the time being. (Or at least until I know of some other way to express them without stepping on one too many toes around me.) I was also catching up with my podcasts (I've currently 105 episodes to listen), but upon listening the latest episode of one really good (or normally really good) podcast, I couldn't finish it. 2 hours long, and 30 minutes into it - as one of the hosts started getting sloshed and screaming around - I had to give up on it. What happens sometimes to podcasters? There are only a few that are always a pleasure to listen to - no matter the number of episodes they post, but there are others that start great, go awesome, grow into wonderful and then just blew it off with nothing else to say, and too much winding about things that make you giggle at first but after a couple of times just make you yawn in boredom. In this sense - and since the topic I was thinking about was Spirituality and how that's actually something that's part of our daily life and not only a religion centered thing, and the get-to-my-nerves-podcast was Pagan... it kinda bew it for me. Shame, really, because I like them a lot, so I hope by the next episode they are back to human.

So, in order to post - because I wanted to post - I decided to make this one again about the project of List of 13, publishing so my "complimentary list" so I have a list to go with and complete before the Dark Moon (or New Moon, however you wish to call it). I'm trying to concentrate not only on the lessons and experiences of my first list (to go on a discovery road, to fill my days with pleasantries and amusement), but to add now elements that help out my personal and professional growth. Have picked up on things I've neglected by one reason or another, such as the yoga classes, getting my hair done - in here I'm actually considering getting myself a new hairstyle, but still have a lot to think about that - and then getting rid - for good! - of the many, MANY things that clutter our small apartment, and that never get used. (Hell, we have three toasters, a deep fryer, a shirt-press (it's a contraption that looks like a portable metal plate, like the one used to prepare teriyaki live, but no, it's a humongus thing to press shirts...), two or three DVD players (none of which work properly), two or three drills (none of which is ours) and a whole bag full of things I haven't checked out yet, nor have used or felt the need for in the past three months.)

I'm getting to the point that's obvious to everybody: when you make a list you set yourself to fulfill a task. Be it moving on, be it getting started on something, be it discovering something new, accepting something and even continue with an effort you've been carrying on for a while.

Feel free, once again, to take up on the idea of the List of 13, make it yours, adopt it, adapt it and see what can you learn from it, from your surroundings, your days and yourself.

2 comments:

Sartassa said...

since I won't be starting my job before the 11th, I think I will steal a few of your ideas and then complete my list with some new ones. This one is going to be BIG... the ones following probably not ... what can one person do when being gone at the office (or the train) 50 hours a week?... we'll see
I'll steal your: 3 / 4 / 6 ... oh and I will modify 11 into ... get rid of something you don't need. I love kitchen equipment :D

Storm Bunny said...

I transformed 3 to add teas, because I want to try out a diet during the Waxing Moon, as you know, but also because I want to widen my scope. If it goes well, probably the Official List 2 will have teas instead of cocktails. Do you think there are plenty of teas to try out to last for many weeks?

4 is a recent addition - limited now by the week fo the Waxing Moon, but I want to go through the many recipes I've been collecting. And I want to dust out the oven!

Back to the job on the 11th? So soon? Way to go, girl!!!!! ^_^ That's because you are brilliant, fabulous and worth a million... and they know it! You go, girl!