Jun 30, 2012

Today is My Birthday!

What a fabulous day! and a fabulous day deserves a fabulous colors, wouldn't you agree? So fabulous comes today in this minty, pastel green color. :-) It is my birthday, I'm one year more experienced, one year wiser, one year more beautiful and one year more accomplished. Yes, after all what are birthdays but a moment to remember all the great we have accomplished and all the wonderful that's still to come.

After many days of not jogging (perhaps even weeks!) I woke up and went jogging. Last day jogging in black, for tomorrow I plan on going with my University t-shirt (Go UNA!) and shorts. Ah, the wonders of living in Hungary! I have to take advantage of it while it last, so I'll go exposing more leg than I'd normally would, even if my legs aren't perfect for the rest of the world. :-) They are my legs and they carry me in this fabulous activity. :-)

I opened also my gifts, the fabulous gifts my friends and family has sent me or given to me, and which are AMAZING! ^_^ Got also all of my mandatory greetings - many of them 24 hours ahead, since my friends in Costa Rica don't want to be the lasts in wishing me happy birthday, so they rather do it early, than later!

Present from Vienna. Chocolate!!!


Present from two of my best friends, Lau and Roo. From the States.
My crazy, Hello Kitty maniac friends!
(I'm a Hello Kitty maniac as well ^_^)


Part of the present from my boyfriend.  
A STARBUCKS' THERMAL THUMBLER!!!!!
^_____^
GO COFFEE!!


Guys, really, thank you!!! :-)

The program for the day was to go with my aunt and uncle, mom and dad, and my boyfriend to one of my favorite places in the planet: the Gödöllő Royal Palace. The trip started early and it was simply wonderful. The day was sunny and hot, but inside the castle was cool and just as great as always. We didn't get the audio guides, so I had the chance to explain some things about the castle to my family. I was the little guide! ^_^ Mom was impressed, though if she knew that I've been there around eight times or more, then she would understand how do I know as much as I know, and wonder why on Earth I don't know more. :-)

As you all know by now - from my many mentions of the place and the subject - the Royal Palace of Gödöllő is mainly about Empress Sisi and Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria. My aunt and I are quite big fans of Empress Sisi, so naturally we love this place, as much as we love Schönbrunn Palace and all expositions related to them. I personally collect a lot books and souvenirs about them. I even have ten-point star earrings and a necklace pendant, copied after the stars the Empress wore once in her hair.

The visit was part of the gift from my aunt and my uncle, as well as something from the souvenir shop. I had my eyes set on a DVD with the Austrian movie about the Empress, but it was no longer available, so I've choose instead a book that tries to reconstruct the lost journals of the Empress, and a chocolate with candied violet petals. After a lunch in a  restaurant close by, we discovered yet another mini-museum, arranged at the local train station, where the Royal Waiting Halls were recreated. It was an awesome bonus non of us ever saw coming!

Where I to read into this as a sign, I would say that this following year will be full with the most amazing surprises. ^_^

Thank you to all for being in my life and making it so wonderful.

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Gracias Libe!!! ^_^ vos siempre tan bella :-D