Oct 18, 2012

A Good Day to Stay In Bed

Here goes a piece of information that you don't need in your life, but it's killing me currently: oh happy day, I've got my period. Yupi. Oh joy. It's freaking killing me. The bitch has grown again stronger than painkillers, so this means I'm suffering through half a day of monstruos cramps. I hate them. I hate them to hell. Why couldn't I be born a guy? Why didn't God hit men with this freaking curse too? What is taking menopause so long? Have you heard about PMS? Well, I can't afford it. Pain is so freaking bad with it's coming and going, waving in intensity but never leaving that it doesn't give me a break long enough to be emotional, or cranky or crazy (more than normal). I sure feel like I could slaughter whatever size population right now, and dying wouldn't be a problem for me. I mean, just imagine death: no pain. Doesn't that sounds like bliss?

When nearly paper white with pain (I've gone into that state once), the reaction of men is what I love the most. Since they have no idea what the hell does cramps feel like, usually stay silent, eyes wide and slowly back away with a look of "oh hell, this is going to release the Krakken anytime now!". It's not funny when you get the sympathetic "Honey, I'd take it over from you if I could". Brave words when you can't! But silence is nice. Them being prone to rush to a drugstore for you and maybe even hold a gun to the pharmacist's head to get them to release morphin for us, is nice. No, no guy has ever gotten me morphin or any prescription drug by force, or by any other way. But their readiness to rush and take over chores and make your day much easier. 

What I don't like is the reaction of some women. "Oh, that's nothing!" and "Well, it means you could get pregnant", or "Look at the bright side! You are not pregnant" and "You should be happy. You are not too old yet". What the fuck?? It's my freaking womb hurting, not yours! And who said I want to get pregnant? And I don't need a fucking period to tell me that I'm not pregnant! I'm not a teenager having sex without protection! And what's that "too old" crap? I'm not desperate to remain "in my prime" so that I can either catch a husband or keep the one I have at my side? Oh yes, and please save me that stupid shit of "well, you say NOW that you don't want children, but think of this: while you have your period, you still have a chance to get a child". Oh goodie. Suffering pains are a reminder that I'm not out of the tunnel yet, and morons who can't respect the adult decision of a childfree person use it to preach about having babies.

Okay, yes. MAYBE I'm PMS-ing right now. Then I'm the violent type, the murderous type. Clear out the premises.

And on top of all... CRAPPY tampons!!

Some call it "hormones", but is it hormones? Because I'm honestly reacting to pain. Once the pain subsides (the light of my day), I'm back to normal. And being back to normal is sooo good! When you have the right tampons, otherwise is also a pain in the ass as you spend all day worrying about leaks. Hell, that's like a going back to high school! Who wants that?

Anyway, I'm finishing here for today, as I can see myself starting to babble aimlessly.

No comments: