Oct 13, 2012

Seeing The World Through Your Ideas

Honestly I don't know how to start this one. Well, I'm upset, to say the least. Quite upset, oh and I have many reasons to pick why am I upset, like the stupid control mistake the Collegiate Body did today when over seven people were denied their rightful titles for class finished today just because neither of us knew that we had to sign up after lunch TOO last Saturday. But I'm choosing not to be upset about that. I was, and a rather acceptable - if not OK - solution was offered, so I'm cool. I'll follow the procedure and see what happens. I could be upset because of Sookie's latest technical revision test, but that can be fixed, so I'm cool. I could be upset because yesterday I lost my fitbit, and I loved my fitbit very much. Yes, I was sad, I miss my fitbit, but an hour after it I realized that now I was free again to walk as much as I want, eat as much as I want and sleep as much as I want without checking my numbers. Then, It was already chipped, so now I have a very good excuse to get myself one. What upsets me is something else.

Though I knew that people do this more often than not, I was upset to find myself face first into it: people who won't see the reality but focus to decode everything according to their very own personal little Book of Truths. The parent that would see abuse and aggression against their own child in everything. A teacher can't ask the child to sit down for class because that's imposing on the child. Nobody can point out that their child isn't an angel but quite a spoiled brat, because the child is being falsely accused by harrassers. A worker that sees themselves as a victim of everything, up to the point that they can't be asked to perform the very job they have been hired to do, because that's an unfair imposition, they are being expected to do other people's job, and they are being asked that because the boss doesn't like them. The jealous person that would see blatant cheating when their partner dares to smile at a colleague. The insecure person who see everything as an attempt to be taken advantage of.

This people not only choose not to see what's actually going on, but they sometimes even seek to impose their distorted vision on other people. The relate the most natural things on the world as if they were the most terrible insults and injuries in the planet. A person drove their supermarket car into them by accident. Oh no, it wasn't by accident! That jealous friend paid them to harm them and incapacitate them! They know! They can see through the scheme! The teacher dared to ask their child to color a picture! Color! The child is only eight years old! They shouldn't be coloring! The teacher does that to humiliate the child.

Why can't they see out of their heads?

In a presentation I was a few weeks ago  - and I wrote about it - the lady presenting it talked about people being sad, constantly depressed and unable to imagine happiness back in their lives. Well, I ask how much of that sadness is self imposed through the loads of monsters we paint on the walls to keep ourselves feeling so important that there's people spending their whole days plotting against us.

Geez, get a life!

No comments: