Oct 19, 2012

I'm Smug

Today I want to purposefully keep it really, really short. Just because. ^_^ So here we go with my short post and short news. 

First of all I'm smug because I think I'm finally doing it: I'm getting out of my life someone who doesn't add anything positive to it. Yes, sure, maybe I shouldn't be so overjoyed and happy after such a short time, and when the pulling out is so subtle, but I can feel it working, I can feel the threads that tied me to this person snapping. Such a dear person, someone I still love - really, I do - and yet the sadness I expected to come from the departure isn't there. I feel fireworks of freedom inside my chest. Wow.

I'm also smug because some other things have worked well regarding some professional-life related matters that had me somewhat concerned. Some things are still not where I want them to be, but that only means that I have projects going on. There's room to work, to create and to keep myself delightfully occupied!

Things at the office are also fine. Some are more difficult than they used to be, due to the latest management style and a different work philosophy which puts the emphasis on speediness rather than other matters that used to be central, but that's fine as well - I'm getting there. Also, today I've got that feeling that I've got my footage on a given topic. That was also WOW. You know, that feeling where you have the tenis racket in your hand, and whatever they throw your way you are prepared and grinning. Well, my clasp is firm on my racket, and I felt that crystal clear today. I'm back in the game.

It's Friday and it's nice. My only worry is my brother, who got ill and hasn't recovered yet. He promised to fix my car and take it to the technical review, and though I appreciate that and time is running for Sookie to get her tech-sticker, I just can't get my brother to stop worrying about it, and just tell me what she needs, and how to contact the mechanic to get her fixed - off the line, of course - and then get her to take the test. I mean, I guess the last part really requires no skill from me, but if it would, I sure can whine the mechanic into going to the test with me so Sookie takes it and pass it.

That's my only worry. Oh yes, and that I can't decide what should I eat today and where, since I really don't want to eat at Subway, won't go to the Greek-Libanese fast-food joint I know, most of the diners around aren't my cuppa and it looks like it's going to rain soon. Oh hell, I'll just heat up a bowl of oatmeal. ^_^ Flavored oatmeal! Apple and cinnamon, or cinnamon and spice, or maple syrup and brown sugar... Yep, I'll do that. So I'm left with one last worry. Hm, what to do about that? Well, I can call my brother tonight if he hasn't taken Sookie and ask him pretty please to tell me what she needs, promise him to go right away to the spare part supplier and get the exact parts. At least that would get Sookie in the right direction, I hope.

Isn't it wonderful when the world yields before you with solutions? Oh, and look at this! A rather short post! ^_^ Many Blessings to All!!

No comments: