Oct 9, 2012

So Hard To Do Your Job? Then Quit!

It's been raining every afternoon now. Now that I mind, but driving in these conditions is not pretty. Roads are slippery, packed with four times are much cars, and drivers are more impatient and stupid. Geez man, haven't you driven enough to understand that you must be more careful during rain? Particularly when, say, you can't see the road or the car before you? Some people just drive on good grace. Then again, there's this missconception about driving, where some believe that the number of stupidities per mile is directly proportional with how good a driver you are. Ummm, no.

I'm 38 minutes away from rain, and today I've a couple of errands to atend, with the RTV among them too. Hope wet tires don't fuck up my break test, though most likely they would. Oh well, I shall trust brother and his skill to do things well.

I've plenty of stuff at the office to keep me pleasantly occupied, which has resulted in me learly missing today's post - which also explain why am I going again for the "daily stuff that crosses my mind" kind of post, mixed, with some of my trademark "bitching about the incompetent". For some reason - and I'm sure it's a good and just reason - I was paired with someone to do an analysis of a document. The document wasn't large, but it was legal, so it took me a little to get through it, and honestly I still have stuff to check on documents I haven't found yet. However we've got this assignment yesterday and by yesterday I had gone through the whole document, marked up my main observations and sent this person an e-mail (with a blind copy to my boss) with my main remarks. Then I asked him if he would assemble the final document woth both our observations, so I would send him my remarks. He said yes.

Today in the morning I sent him a three page document with over 15 observations on different aspects of the document, for him to put together with his own document. It did bother me - truth to be told - that I would make part of the job for him by providing the document, so that he would only open it and write into it. Then again, I made use of the Bcc when sending it, so whatever shenanigan he came up with, my boss would know what part have I done and which was done by him. Why did I bother? It sounds so stupid now.

This person actually resent the e-mail a couple of hours later to my boss telling him that the document included my observations, and that he would add only three more, and THERE, in the body of the e-mail he scribbled up three rather ... whatever observations that didn't even exactly addressed the content of the document. This after the express request to send the observations in ONE, you get that? ONE! O-N-E, ONE, UNO, EIN document. Oh, yes, DOCUMENT! Of course my boss resent the request for ONE document, in case his "please sent the remarks of both of you in one single document" wasn't clear enough. Well, he was the one who agreed to unify our replies in one document, so I didn't move a finger. It took him nearly 30 minutes to actually manage to squeeze his three observations in one document. Are we for real?

There's a crisis out there, there's people with no jobs, there's people who have been unemployed longer than you can imagine, and this individual comes to the office freaking late (at least one hour late everyday), cashes his paycheck, and can't even be bothered to open a word file and do some work. This type of maggots annoy the begeezus out of me.

No comments: