Oct 14, 2012

Decorating for October

Wow, it's nearly the middle of the month (okay, it IS the middle of the Month) and I hadn't made my favorite month of the year, my favorite holiday of the year be properly displayed in my blog. Well, that had to be fixed, and so, today, I just did that. So what do you think? ^_^

No, I won't go on talking about Halloween or Samhain right now and what it means to me. You'll have to wait for that post until the end of the month.

October is also known as the month of Breast Cancer Awareness. I haven't dealt much with that topic basically because I don't know much about it. I did partake in runs - last year, not this year - and was interested in all the information about how to   detect Breast Cancer in its early stages when it still can be treated. This year, how ever, I kinda fell off this wagon.

This year I've been concerned with other matters, namely colors. I'm two months into being back in Costa Rica and my clothes are not nearly enough anymore. I'm thinking about making myself trousers, since I have looked up and down and I can't find any pants in the style I like. I had more luck in this sense in Hungary, but in here it seems that most stores cater only to the sluts. My clothes hunting has been thus concentrate on tops. This is also a tricky question, because not everything available was to my liking. First of all, they can't be synthetic, so all polyester is out of the question. Then it has to be something I can wear at the office, so sadly most of the Hindi clothes are also out of the question (sad, because that's usually my best and most favorite source of clothes). Then it had to be only on the colors I'm lacking currently, which are pink, orange, yellow, violet, purple and ivory. I had red and blue in my list too (yes, blue!), but those got covered. Well, for some reason, when you are looking for a particular color, either all you find isn't in your size, or isn't in the style you want, or there isn't any at all. Yesterday I had the chance - due to a class I had in San Pedro - to go to LOB, a store that I love and adore but haven't visited in a while because it's rather out of my way. They had wonderful clothes in orange, brick orange and mustard yellow - no pink, purple, violet or ivory - and though I loved them, the yellows were a bit too transparent for my liking and clothes were in general too snug, and I don't like snug. So after trying on eight tops - one of which was just fabulous, with just the right hint of sassy on the sleeves, but which made me look like I had no waist at all, and I have - I came out of my favorite store with nothing.

I've checked Naf Naf, MNG (a red and a beige/brown), Zara (green - it was a MUST - and a white/blue), Benetton, Siman, Rosabal, GEF (a red and a blue), LOB, and a myriad of smaller boutiques, and yet nothing. It's totally disheartening. Three malls covered and only six tops! Well, there are still a couple of boutiques to check out, a Sweaters and a Claiso among them, so we shall see how this turns out later on. Wish me luck!

No comments: