Feb 21, 2012

Another Account of my Daily Life

It's 22h here and I think that it's 14h at Mom's, probably with lots of sun and warmth and whatnots. I think of my workmates (still workmates? Former workmates?) all tucked nicely in the glass tower with stupid and inapropiate air conditioning and the newest addendum to the office life. Slivers of information filter down to me and I feel somewhat relieved at being able not to call that "my reality".

My reality has been taking more shape today, or shall I say more definitive shapes, as today an important part of the moving was done: we went to Ikea and bought our furniture. Okay, granted, not all the pieces, but the main pieces: There's a bed (more like a sofa that opens to a bed), a shelve unit, a mirrored closet, an armoir, nightstands, a dining table... but there are things that still need to be bought (and we'll do a little without using old pieces while we find the perfect ones), such as the desks, the couches and chairs for the dining table. It was my first time buying furniture at Ikea, so the whole concept does was a bit strange to me, with several rooms worth of furniture set in flat carton boxes with codes.

I'm showing you quickly some of the pictures of the furniture we've bought, but as they were showed in the store. However, since Blogger is against vertical photography, please feel free to twist your necks to see the picture as it should be.

This would be the nightstand.

This white shelve unit will be our shelve unit. 
I eliminated the glass doors on the shelves to the right and added an extra 80x200 cm of shelves.

In here you see basically our sofa-bed, the nightstand and the shelves on top of it.
We've got only two shelves, and those go over the desks... as soon as we have the desks.

In here notice the armoir or credence. (The one under the mirror)
There's a matter of storage space we need to address and this was perfect!

And this would be our table.
Didn't got to the chairs, but I want also white chairs.

Yes, all of the white, as I plan to paint the walls brown, specially since I've managed to work on the stiff resistance that my boyfriend put to my fabulous idea. It's also amusing how a half Latin, like myself - for that's what I am - gets such a Skandinavian environment. All of the furniture comes in decidedly Skandinavian names, like Sven, and Erik, and Valter and Hemnes... It's like they would murder you any time and set a tattooed girl to investigate you or a fucked up lawyer girl with a scar on the lip and a big police detective with a softspot for cats.

Personally I don't mind the lack of tropical flavor and quite enjoy the vikingish style, truth to be told, only I never really imagined this is how it would be. Then again, what can you expect when you pull your whole decoration from Ikea? (Then again I've seen homes furnished entirely from Ikea looking like a refugee campsite.)

The advance for the framing of the pictures was arranged, and then I worked some errands online, fixing the things so that the furniture could be bought without any problem, paying some bills and stuff like that.

I'm here, setting my life in motion, living where I always dreamed to live (though not exactly in the same arrondisement, but I'm getting to that), looking for a job and hoping for the best, and it seems the best is coming my way. ^_^

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Por lo visto ahora Blogger provee un servicio social de flexilibización de cervicales. Ojalá y estos ejercicios quiroprácticos te hayan sido de mucho provecho ^_^

Ya los estamos armando, así que apenas esté todo bien terminado subo bastantes fotos para que puedas ver cómo quedó la cosa! Ya tengo hasta los cuadros enmarcados, así que habrá que ver cómo queda todo :-D