Feb 23, 2012

Ikea breaks so easily.. or shall I say, rips?

It's Thursday, nearly Friday, and again on a #FF day. This time around I'm a bit more aware than usually, but that doesn't mean that I'll go #FF-ing anyone, nor I'll probably give a flying f* about any of the lists of #FF I'll appear. And what's really an #FF for? "Follow Friday", a hashtag used to socialize, to promote your followers and hope you are promoted as well.

It's Thursday and we are not near to move to our apartment, but coming close. There's no more furniture to move - in or out - but there are plenty of boxes with furniture that still need to be ensambled. Well, and due to a small accident product of an overzealous attempt at DIY, a piece actually cracked and needs to be fixed tomorrow. For your general information, I believe you should know that the Skandinavian furniture - namely Ikea here - isn't as 1-2-3 as you'd imagine. It does say that no furniture should be put together by one person alone, but after today I believe it should say "some pieces, like the biggest ones, are at letas a three-people job". Furniture is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but through that cracking we've got to realize that some of this stuff (maybe all of it) isn't as sturdy as it seems to be, and the compressed material more than compressed wood is rather compressed cardboard. Yeah, I know.

The credence and the bed were put together today, so we've the shelve units, the closet, the night stands and the table to be put together tomorrow. I hope also that we dimensioned the furniture well, as it seems we might have a little bit more of clothes and a little bit more of books than originally planned, and these furniture don't seem like the type that would accomodate well my usual "winzipping" of stuff into small places.

So, #FF... I'll be busy - as usual - doing something else, and while several people in the cyberspace will be terribly busy checking if they get acknowledged by their peers or not, and dutifully acknowledging others, I'll be otherwise engaged making a home out of the apartment, and hopefully, getting in time to the movies to see "The Shame".

No comments: